In the auto business, you know it's never too early to roll out the next year's model -- and cool, new features and upgrades -- to your vehicle line up. That's what Dodge is doing this week with the unveiling of the 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T at the New York International Auto Show.
In the video below, Dodge President/CEO Ralph Gilles and Dodge Avenger Brand Manager Pieter Hogeveen give you a peak at what you could call the "greatest American hero," which will start flying into dealer showrooms during the third quarter.
For those of you who also like to read, have a look at what
Dodge did to the 2012 Avenger R/T suspension:
- increased roll stiffness by 18%
- increased spring rates by 17% in the front and more than 12% in the rear
- front strut damping rates increased 15%
- rear strut damping rates are increased almost 20%
- rear stabilizer bar diameter is 2 mm larger, increased from 19 mm to 21 mm
The suspension changes result in a spirited, performance sedan driving experience, with best-in-class 283 horsepower. Manufacturered at our Sterling Heights (Mich.) Assembly Plant, the 2012 Avenger R/T delivers 29 miles per gallon on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.
Other highlights include:
- 3.6 liter Pentastar V-6 engine (one of Ward’s “10 Best Engines") mated to a six-speed automatic transaxle
- unique exterior design elements, including a unique body-color grille with the Dodge badge, menacing black headlamp background, the “war paint” R/T decal on the front quarter panel and unique 18-in. painted aluminum wheels.
- Dodge Avenger is a 2011 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick, and includes a varity of high-end standard safety features
For more, catch the video below: